- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, etc.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, shoutbox and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that violate community standards. The moderators shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice. Any post may be removed, edited, moved or closed for any reason.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
- Posts arguing about policies are not allowed.
- Do not impersonate nor encourage impersonating others.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed in public boards - please go to the Support board for this.
- While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.
Rule of thumb for swearing: "If you hear it on daytime television, it can fly."
This means "damn", "crap" and various other swears we learn from the television at an early age are appropriate. "Ass" is starting to push it, and will be frowned upon. Anything worse will violate community standards.
In addition to swearing, messages that are offensive or disruptive to other players are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Removing letters, or using numbers or symbols in a word to disguise it
- Using race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, handicap or gender as a means of insult
- Using threatening, harassing, defamatory or hate related language
- Using sexually explicit, vulgar or profane language or abbreviations of such
- Providing links to websites that are pornographic, obscene or offensive without providing warnings beforehand
- Impersonating another player via chat
- Spamming or flooding the chat, shoutbox or forums with repetitive letters, words or messages
- Repetitive use of all capitals
- Flaming, trolling or provoking others to respond with "flames"
Just because a word has a separate non-swear meaning does not mean you're free to use it. Mods have the final word on how they are used in context.
Violation of these rules will result in a warning, temporary ban or permanent ban depending on the severity of the violation. Repeated violations regardless of the severity will result in a permanent ban.