Sign in to follow this  
Numinex

Crafting?

Well, for those who remember the bs crafting system in FO, you would need to wait 500 zillion years just to craft a piece of armor.

Look, is it simple enough to bring the materials, give it to a NPC Blacksmith (or if you can craft them yourself) and let him craft it for you (or you can craft it if that feature will be in the game).

If it takes a few seconds, fine.

Now, off to scream in my bathroom in irony.

I certainly didn't like the way it was handeld in FO, but ten second crafting isn't very realistic. Now I can't speak much about realisme, considering this is a fantasy game we're talking about, but I'm sure my zealous destroyer staff is going to take a bit longer than ten seconds to craft.

I wouldn't mind waiting an hour, or maybe even two. But if it's going to takes days for items to craft, I'm going to have to object.

I think I said elsewhere, but I'm not a fan of waiting either. I would rather have the harder recipes just be harder to get all the ingredients and then give the item after a few seconds. No 100+ hour waits. Maybe even have the blacksmith (or whatever) make a silly quip about "This would normally take me 72 hours to make, but did you know if you spread the work over 432 people it can be done in just 10 minutes? Just wait and see!" and make everything take like 10 minutes to make.

You can buy crafting stones for an extremely low amount of cash, to speed up time (for those who don't like to wait). Max time should be at 3 hours. Maybe even two.

I liked waiting, because then the I could live up to the hype and anticipation, like after an hour of grinding I could finally get my shoulder armor.

Then again, I never worked up to the higher tiers (bear armor op)

You can buy crafting stones for an extremely low amount of cash, to speed up time (for those who don't like to wait). Max time should be at 3 hours. Maybe even two.

I liked waiting, because then the I could live up to the hype and anticipation, like after an hour of grinding I could finally get my shoulder armor.

3 hours?

And how does a stone effect the time of crafting.

I get its a fantasy game, but really? Stones?

3 hours?

And how does a stone effect the time of crafting.

I get its a fantasy game, but really? Stones?

You hit the blacksmith with stones to speed up the process :firefirefire:

You hit the blacksmith with stones to speed up the process :firefirefire:

Bigger the stone, the faster they work too. That would honestly be fun as a mini game. You purchase a stone and throw it at the blacksmith while he is working. If you hit him, he yells back "OK! OK! I'll quit goofing around and get back to work! (-1 minute)"

Yes. Perfect.

Made my day.

Runescape has nothing to do in this thread, on topic please.

Yes it does. You said that second long crafting wouldn't work and I gave a counter example where it did, so WoT can do that as well.

We are talking about WoT, not Botscape.
Edited by Dominus

Look, all i want is to fix this issue so that we don't have the bs crafting time.

But then someone HAD to point out another game (doesn't matter if it is a example) when we are clearly talking about WoT.

Lets just end this.

And agree to throw rocks at blacksmiths.

Edited by Dominus

Behave you lot.

It's perfectly acceptable to bring in examples from other games, better to learn from others mistakes after all, especially considering this thread began with an example from FO, another game  ;)

Never mind the fact that they were referencing a game with very fast crafting which seems to be what you all want.

Either stop your on-off argument and expand on crafting ideas or woe betide you this will get locked.

What about making more elite gear/stuff like that just have more requirements to make the gear than its lower counterparts. Something that would take some time to do (maybe get an item from a boss, or something like that). That way (for example) wood armor wouldn't have much requirements so it wouldn't take "long to build" because it doesn't take that long to get the materials, but crafting high gear doesn't take "time to craft" but rather it just takes awhile, maybe even a bit of random loot luck, to get all the materials to make the gear? 

I'm not really a big fan of waiting for an item you're going to get in the first place (Considering it's a fantasy/steampunk game, wouldn't you think they would have technology to build stuff faster?) 

Hey, there's an idea. Maybe you have different levels of crafting stations.

To get the really awesome blacksmith Leet Smith located in the Crab City, you'd have to pay more coin for his services for him make your items, rather than have to wait for Joe Bob's Blacksmithy down the road in Alpha Zone Noobville, which might take an hour to do? 

Or something like that. I don't know. Not really a fan of waiting, but I'm also not a fan of really easy to make crafting items easier.

It'd be nice if it was an experience, that by the time you make all the items, you felt like you accomplished a big task. 

But I know other people use it for money (make a material exchange shop or sell on the market), so I don't want to throw out suggestions that eliminate their fun. But if you can have instant crafting times, I'd think you'd want to make it so it's harder to craft the items as you move up the armor tree, right?

I do tend to "bend" quite alot.

On topic:

Wouldn't it be much easier if you could craft items yourself?

Plus the fact i hated how the armor sets in FO were scattered around the map, so you needed to get there in order to craft that armor set. BS!

Now lets wait and see if they add so that you can craft items yourself and the time to craft that specific item would be 20 zillion years and you need to do something else while you wait.

A great example of the revolutionary crafting system.

Hail the golden lama statue .

I actually really enjoyed the crafting system from FO. Yes, it took longer than all hell, but it felt rewarding to have spent all that time mining for ore and crafting it into chunks, then half plates, then full plates, then reinforced plates, then using the shell, and so on. Yes, it does sound like way too many steps, and often it was. But I did enjoy it, so I hope there is some kind of similar system in WoT, more just for the collection of the right materials (hopefully from mining for some of it), and then giving it to the blacksmith, or even having your own anvil that you can work on, instead of the million steps to make one portion of the armor.

8 hours ago, Penguinocity777 said:

I actually really enjoyed the crafting system from FO. Yes, it took longer than all hell, but it felt rewarding to have spent all that time mining for ore and crafting it into chunks, then half plates, then full plates, then reinforced plates, then using the shell, and so on. Yes, it does sound like way too many steps, and often it was. But I did enjoy it, so I hope there is some kind of similar system in WoT, more just for the collection of the right materials (hopefully from mining for some of it), and then giving it to the blacksmith, or even having your own anvil that you can work on, instead of the million steps to make one portion of the armor.

I did like the fact  FO made you travel in-order to get what you needed. Do you remember Onyx?  You had to mine it in a cave to craft tiered items.  Once the item was achieved it did feel great to finally get it.  

On 9/4/2015 at 4:58 AM, Numinex said:

Runescape has nothing to do in this thread, on topic please.

I would appreciate if the max time is 1 minute. That's not too bad.

Wait, this isn't RuneScape? Fooled again! Damnit, Llama!

On 2/10/2018 at 3:56 PM, Hero said:

Wait, this isn't RuneScape? Fooled again! Damnit, Llama!

How is that game still alive? Especially the market, im surprised people still play that ancient game.

I'm a fan of crafting where the overall process of collecting the parts by killing monsters, scavenging plants or mining items in the world, doing things to the parts with stuff in the world like an anvil or magic stone at some location with tools you've made or collected, and then combining them yourself is the best way. I don't want to just get items and give them to some blacksmith and have him just do it, that's lame. It's a game, I wanna be the one who makes the stuff!

Edited by Kainui

yea, I plan on having it setup where you have to get items from all over and possibly have some items made via combining like A & B = C;  A & C = D; C & D = E and E x3 = F...etc and you have the choice of going all over the world to get the base items or you can build them from even more base other items.

What I'm not a fan of is that stupid mechanic where as things get further down the chain it ends up taking hours or even days in real life and you can always pay premium currency to make things go faster.

I'm also fine with trying to come up with a mechanic like a blacksmith has limited time and everything takes like 1 minute (or a short time) to process. But they can only do one thing at a time. For everyone. So basically to get something crafted, you have to add your stuff to their queue and wait until they get to your item. There even could be some stuff like the busier the smith gets, maybe he gets a few apprentices to help him out. The more apprentices he has the faster he can get through his queue, but he has to charge a little more to pay their wages. There could be multiple smith shops also to combat them being overwhelmed constantly.

I'm sure we can come up with something fun eventually, even if it takes a few tries.

11 hours ago, iamallama said:

have some items made via combining like A & B = C;  A & C = D; C & D = E and E x3 = F...etc and you have the choice of going all over the world to get the base items or you can build them from even more base other items.

This is a pretty fun system. I ended up using it in Endless Online a long time ago, it makes materials easier to price on the market and also makes sure that you have more of a use for certain lower tiered items. You could even do that with gear, combining them with materials to get the next tier so it would technically be possible to keep the first piece of armor you get in the beginning of the game until the end, just in a much stronger form.

Maybe you could have alchemy books (purchasable in premium shop) that substitute certain rarer materials, so instead of grinding for this 1 particular material that doesn't want to drop you just use an alchemy book to take its place.

Edited by Seph