Sign in to follow this  
Numinex

Crafting?

On 16/2/2018 at 12:45 AM, iamallama said:

yea, I plan on having it setup where you have to get items from all over and possibly have some items made via combining like A & B = C;  A & C = D; C & D = E and E x3 = F...etc and you have the choice of going all over the world to get the base items or you can build them from even more base other items.

that makes me fell like i am mixing gunpowder or plants in Resident Evil, a nice nostalgic feeling

Edited by juraija

On 2/15/2018 at 9:45 PM, iamallama said:

I'm also fine with trying to come up with a mechanic like a blacksmith has limited time and everything takes like 1 minute (or a short time) to process. But they can only do one thing at a time. For everyone. So basically to get something crafted, you have to add your stuff to their queue and wait until they get to your item. There even could be some stuff like the busier the smith gets, maybe he gets a few apprentices to help him out. The more apprentices he has the faster he can get through his queue, but he has to charge a little more to pay their wages. There could be multiple smith shops also to combat them being overwhelmed constantly.

I'm sure we can come up with something fun eventually, even if it takes a few tries.

Agreed. Instead of standing and letting some blacksmith make it, can you steal some of the attack animations and put a hammer in their hand or something and make it look like you're banging away at the anvil in town and building the object yourself? Effectively the same thing, except maybe has more potential for what you're wearing or have done in the past to matter. Like maybe some previous quest taught you how to make something that you couldn't previously, so you have a kinda list of recipes you know how to make.

Make it optional to craft it yourself, limit those who don't spec into it thru skills, and the other option is giving it to the smith.

However make it possible to use "Grinding" stones, for both cases, that give you the possibility of playing a mini-game, where you fight the materials used for the recipe as the blacksmith, to get points that affect the product: for example giving the item shiny effects ala Yu Gi Oh Card rarity.

This post wasn't made with the intent of making a pun

Edited by Soulbanker