Mystogan

F2P or P2P?

Yes, i know it's a very controversial topic but i think it needs to be discussed. So, i was thinking about  how much i would be willing to spend on this game. 

As we all know P2P help the game in numerous ways, which is beneficial in infinite ways. But the F2P who spend nothing on the game apart from their time are also beneficial for the games success. So the real question i'm trying to get at is...

Are you going to be a P2P or F2P?

Now i also do know that many variables could possibly affect the reply, so let us remove some. The game is flourishing and always improving, you are thoroughly enjoying the game and you seem to have some money to spend. Are you willing spend?

I by no means are trying to put people off buying or into buying, i simply want to put some light on the matter. This also is not a connotation of how the games developers objective is soley money, but money does come in handy. 

Thank you for your time, any opinions on this topic are welcome.

I think simple things like maybe Bag Exspansions, Chest Expansions, Friend Slots, Character Slots, stuff that you can buy with Money but wont effect the gameplay at all. I always found that, that type of gameplay / P2P system worked because the game made money. and didnt ruin the game.

As for what they have planned here, I honest have no idea what there plans are. I think there first plans would be to release the game first :)

AFAIR, the game will be F2P, only cosmetics (outfits and such) will cost real money. But then, the premium currency will be for sale via other players on the markets/trades. There was also something about a subscription, this would likely be only available through real money. Nothing gamebreaking if I remember. (Or absolutely needed either)

As far as my knowledge goes...

F2P = more people playing + transactions / dlc's = source of money (wouldn't be good if the whole game is based from dlcs, transactions)

Now as for P2P it will be a different...

P2P =

>if not popular = less people buying (depends on price,  too expensive is bad)= less popular, barely any people = no money

>if popular = more people buying = more popular, attracting more players via social media platforms, more money = bill gates

Money = source = "fuel to the game"

Edited by Dominus

Llama has stated that the game will be free to play with "buy to look cool" type of items, but all items will be available for sale in the player market (minus some non-tradeable early supporter items). 

So even if you want a cool cosmetic item that you don't want to pay for, guaranteed it will show up in the market eventually. 

I like this system. People can play the game and have fun, and people who love outfits can collect them. = )

I think simple things like maybe Bag Exspansions, Chest Expansions, Friend Slots, Character Slots, stuff that you can buy with Money but wont effect the gameplay at all. I always found that, that type of gameplay / P2P system worked because the game made money. and didnt ruin the game.

As for what they have planned here, I honest have no idea what there plans are. I think there first plans would be to release the game first :)

Bad extensions is not quite on the cosmetic level, it was a large advantage in FO, if they are available I think it should be for coins or whatever they use

As for premium it was discussed as being used for death animations, which have (as far as I know) been implemented already, so I am almost certain we will see this. Also it will be used for cosmetics which are visible as you walk around, and I would not be surprised if they hooked up something similar to the SSC from FO. Also donating gets you access to more avatars on the forums. And I am sure there are countless other ways they can implement it, should be well balanced.

I think I will find it quite ironic if this game is more successful then FO seeing as that was P2W not F2P like this. Although there will be some P2W aspect as you will be able to sell your gems on the market, I believe it will be much, much less influential on success

I don't doubt for a moment this will be much more successful, I mean it's bleeping beautiful :blush:. It's a lot easier to get customers when people are comfortable enough with a game that they actually want to spend money in, and are not feeling like they absolutely have to spend money.

I'd say that what is planned is already fine: free to play and have fun, progress without spending money will not be that much of a burden, however, most cosmetics and aesthetics will obviously be paid for with money. A Premium currency would most likely be a way to progress slightly faster as I'm guessing they could make some things that are purchasable via regular currency also purchasable via premium currency during "events" maybe or even just normally. This could be beneficial because it's not like it's exactly unfair, but rather that it's just an easier way to get things without all the grinding I expect for regular currency.

I'd say that what is planned is already fine: free to play and have fun, progress without spending money will not be that much of a burden, however, most cosmetics and aesthetics will obviously be paid for with money. A Premium currency would most likely be a way to progress slightly faster as I'm guessing they could make some things that are purchasable via regular currency also purchasable via premium currency during "events" maybe or even just normally. This could be beneficial because it's not like it's exactly unfair, but rather that it's just an easier way to get things without all the grinding I expect for regular currency.

This is pretty much what I have already said. Some items for sale will get you a quick advantage, but will never really be the "best" item in game.