Izzy

Item Decay

I don't know if this topic has already been addressed so if it has, I apologize. What I want to know is whether the items in the game will decay. For example, if the player dies or as time progresses, does the durability of the item goes down? If there is such a system, will the item be destroyed once the durability hits 0 or will it be unusable until it is repaired?

i dont remember this being discuse, and is a interesting question in the alpha we dont have a weapon equiped (so we hit with our empty hands) if that keeps on the beta maybe the weapons will break if the durabily reach 0, but if not it should lost a lot the damage or block it making you change the weapon (while you have it equiped you cant attack)

We (staff) have talked about it and I forget what decision came out. But I will say that at first, there won't be a decay system. And if we do end up adding something in, it won't completely destroy an item. It will likely just hit a bottom point like 10% and won't go below that. Still offering "better than nothing" before being repaired.

We (staff) have talked about it and I forget what decision came out. But I will say that at first, there won't be a decay system. And if we do end up adding something in, it won't completely destroy an item. It will likely just hit a bottom point like 10% and won't go below that. Still offering "better than nothing" before being repaired.

So if durability becomes a mechanic in the game would it just be rendering a weapon useless/unusable or would it actually affect the weapon's performance such as making attack speed lower or attack damage lower depending on the weapon's current durability.

On 4/26/2016 at 11:37 PM, iamallama said:

I don't know. For weapons, it would likely affect damage. I would probably limit it to armor only though and make it lower the defense capabilities.

Away with armor then! I know someone who will be going the dual wielding commando route hehe.

On 27/04/2016 at 6:37 AM, iamallama said:

I don't know. For weapons, it would likely affect damage. I would probably limit it to armor only though and make it lower the defense capabilities.

i dont know where i was at that time and how i missed that, but whats the point of making weapons unbreakable while armor would?

Yes there is a decay, it only decays the enchantment of the item not the entire weapon.  There are couple enchantments, as the more use its used the more it keeps going down.  The item will never break but you'll have to re-enchant it.  This is all I remember about when this was discussed, I think this was the decision.