iamallama

Devblog 79: Happy new year

27 posts in this topic

Haha! I had a piece waiting for this very devblog! Here's my 5/4 time Waltz for you peoples :D (But if you don't like my constant music spam, I'm okay if you tell me to stop)

Thanks for the new Devblog! Happy New Year to all as well! Looking forward to interacting with the whole map.

Huge update. Management may not be very stylish but it sets the scope of any project, good on you guys for looking to step things up. I'm excited to see how this new direction may expand the potential of the future.

The planning for the game development should really help you guys with the organization. Good work as always guys, keep it up :)

I love the descriptions for each area, well done. There are 11 so far? Are you guys revealing more? 

Also this is pretty awesome.

OEKJSIg.png

Revan and his order would approve. In case you're wondering who he is, Revan was the main character from Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic, and he also has a lot of history within Star Wars: The Old Republic, the mmorpg they made (which they spent too much money developing).

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1e/Sith_revan.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/190?cb=20100612174407

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

Edited by Seph

Hey, Llama and staff? I have a question. Obviously I've been working on music for the hell of it, but when I was looking back at the "Music and Sound Effects" thread, I was wondering if you needed me to hunt down basic menu/HUD sound effects like button clicks or something of the sort? I had planned on going through and collecting things with Attribution licenses to help you guys out, but do you guys need them yet/at all?

For anyone wanting to play an FO-like game while this is being developed you should consider playing Aberoth its a free mmo on steam, its really casual and simple and fun. If u need any help im on the red realm I can help all new comers, just let me know in game if u see me (IGN: jaek) if you say "who" to the tavern owner u get a list of all ppl online.

Edited by jaekx

hey development staff,

As a gamedeveloper myself, i have great admiration for you guys. when i was younger i played the heck out of FO and jet again it's a shame that it's not online anymore :'(
I love to see WoT coming out :3 Good luck to you guys!!

Hey guys, I just came here right after I heard about some Fantasy Online former staff developing a game similar to Fantasy Online (last year). I'v been looking for the game for weeks, and I wanted to ask if it's available somewhere. Is it? Where?

wow i just realized the map is intractable.... love it LT 11/10, i didnt know that pixel art could be so detailed and colorful. Also its nice to see any amount of work put into waves of time, especially in the holiday and flu season, i hope you didnt have it too bad like me llama.

Wow im happy to see development has gotten this far. i loved the original Fantasy Online and i cant wait to play!

On 1/11/2017 at 4:19 AM, Seph said:

Are you guys revealing more? 

Any info would be appreciated.

Feels like we're a little too deep in the dark without a torch lately (which under normal circumstances would be suitable for me lol). I can understand you guys have other stuff going on but seems like things have slowed down a lot for some time now or just appears that way because we haven't a clue what's happening and where the staff is most of the time. Haven't seen LT, minche, Pink, Bam, or anyone really besides Ari. Some kind of restoration of life in the project would be nice to ease the discouragement and maybe bring up the donations.

Edited by Seph

I must have missed that question. The plan is that we'll release more details about the map each dev blog. This can be very diverse, from the world map + landmark info to music to snippets of actual map, npc's etc. 

next devblog comes tomorrow, right? I heard someone say in discord that it's on the first sunday each month. I'm looking forward to it :D

It does feel like things have slowed down, I honestly rarely check the forums anymore. 

Hopefully things are still okay on the dev end... Still have hopes  for the dream  guys. :)