iamallama

Devblog 83: Mostly UI and then some

30 posts in this topic

Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff done (ignoring all the broken stuff lol). Is the Supporter weekend gonna be more than just one zone? @iamallama

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff done (ignoring all the broken stuff lol). Is the Supporter weekend gonna be more than just one zone? @iamallama

I'm not iamallama but I an hoping that it will be all the current progress since it will allow opening testing.

I have always missed the supporter weekends so hopefully, I can catch it this time whenever it happens.

1 hour ago, KingAruthur said:

I'm not iamallama but I an hoping that it will be all the current progress since it will allow opening testing.

I doubt all the current progress will be available to test during the Supporter weekend. There are too many things that are broken or not up to Llama's standards to be ready for testing.

Looks great! Take all the time you need man, it's been great this far :)

@iamallama Curious thought, but do you think the ability to choose what color the text is displayed in game for various subjects would be an option? For example, the ability to choose a color for guild, trade, world, etc chats. Or will they all be standard colors we can't change?

Edited by Archangel

<sparkle> <sparkle>

*ooooooh!*

*aaaaaaah!*

Where did ye olde Character Select screen go?

Edited by ApathyBear

17 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Looks amazing! Seems like after three years, we finally have a game forming!

Haha, somewhat though iamallama needs to fix lots of problems and story lines in order to get it actually started.  But yes the game is getting it's shape.

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Is the Supporter weekend gonna be more than just one zone? @iamallama

Most likely not. This is just a simple tester zone that I have been using for everything. While we have been working on an overworld map, that doesn't translate directly into individual area maps. We could throw some stuff together, but it would really just be something made quick and not in any way the final map for the game.

5 hours ago, ApathyBear said:

Where did ye olde Character Select screen go?

This is the result of the framework. Unity separates different "levels" by what is called scenes. The framework, due to the way unity networking works, needs to run all in one scene. Previously I was using a separate scene to handle the login, character select and the main game. This is no longer possible. So I have made the best of it and rebuilt the login and character select. One interesting note though, if you notice in the beginning in top left of the map the "blacksmith" npc is not there and once I click "server & play" he appears. It is at that point that the "login" happens. After that you are getting updates from the server on what is going on around the world. Meaning that while in the character select screen you would actually get an overview of the map and be able to see players and mobs running around down below. I plan on in the future picking a random place to put the camera when starting up so that you see somewhere different with stuff going on in the background. Ideally though it wouldn't be a major hub because last thing people want is lag on the character select screen because you are getting updates from 100+ people standing around.

That gif looks amazing! I cannot wait until the day we can all jump in an enjoy the game.

Looking good! Truly magnificent indeed. And i love that you have so many things implimented to the game now! It is really, as said before, taking shape! And yes we would love to have a supported weekend! Just tell us in good time so i can be ready for it xD

Like the fact that there's apologies everytime when you show something in the gif lol, it all looks great plus the game still hasen't reached alpha so there's no need for worries. Keep moving no matter how long it takes.(And thanks for the supporter weekend!)

Every dev blog raises the ante more and more. I long for the days of farming robot crabs for loot that I can sell to NPC's so I can buy that outfit piece I've been trying to get for so long only to find it being traded in the market and then sniping it.

Edited by ShunsuiKyoraku

why don't we pool our moniez together so we can pay Llama a full wage so he can work at it all day lol

3 hours ago, Archangel said:

Probably because the work Llama does for us is priceless.

Good thinking I got mind blown when i read this.