Cyrus

Waves of Time Has a Really Good Chance of Being Really Popular

10 posts in this topic

I can't for the life of me find a Pixel-MMORPG that is actually good.

Most people have an interest for the simplicity of Pixel-MMORPG's and the fact that there are not a lot of them out there gives this game a really good chance at being successful.

I can already see this game blowing up shortly after release. Can't wait! Best part is, I can say that I was here from the beginning!(kinda)

While I would be proud if it did blow up, I kind of wish it wouldn't simply because the community is awesome the way it is now and I can only cringe at the thought of what it would be if there were several thousand more active players. But I guess that is inevitable.

7 hours ago, iamallama said:

While I would be proud if it did blow up, I kind of wish it wouldn't simply because the community is awesome the way it is now and I can only cringe at the thought of what it would be if there were several thousand more active players. But I guess that is inevitable.

Just keep it off steam and I think we will be good lol. I still remember when RotMG became playable on Steam...oh the cancer.

I wonder if Llama and the other admins have any ideas on what they'd like to do in terms of browser game sites. I remember FO being on Kongregate, that's how I found it, but does that entail some of the lesser desired people? If so, how would you spread the word? A multiple-year project only for <5000 seems a bit of a small goal, but I also understand the sentiment in having a decent community. Interesting conundrum. 

A game becoming popular because of how good it is, the art style, animations, and just everything will draw people in and sometimes they won't be the greatest additions to the playerbase. If you've played many mmorpg's you tend get used to this sort of thing and tune it out. I'll just say it's a good thing we have an ignore list.

I imagined WoT would end up on Steam and possibly Kongregate at some point. It would be nice to get enough people contributing to its future so that Llama might be able to work on this full time.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:18 PM, Cyrus said:

I still remember when RotMG became playable on Steam...oh the cancer.

I didn't think they had a decent community even before that.

Remember this might have a good chance, some people do not like these games with pixel graphics, many people these days are looking forward to good graphics like shooter games.  Before we say whatever here are some things to think about

1. Why should the player continue to play this game?

2. Is this worth my time?

3. What will I get out of this

I say we build a wall around this game until we find out what's really going on.

Oh, and this game will be grindy, obviously. With the very simple/casual persuasion to play, I'd predict that the dominating playerbase would match that. I personally can't wait to meet more normies like myself.

1 hour ago, ApathyBear said:

I say we build a wall around this game until we find out what's really going on.

Oh, and this game will be grindy, obviously. With the very simple/casual persuasion to play, I'd predict that the dominating playerbase would match that. I personally can't wait to meet more normies like myself.

Agreed. While some may find comfort in seeing their names on top of the charts, I'm all about having a nice troll in the guild chat.

8 hours ago, ApathyBear said:

The grind is the best part :D 

On 5/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, iamallama said:

The more players the better, it'll force you to upgrade the servers :3 

And yeah, this game has one of the nicest communities I know of, it's pretty chill :P