They will be reset once the game goes live. For now they are mainly here for testing and getting familiar.

Yea, it is just a way to show off that guilds get their own private (and public) sub-forum here that the leader gets to moderate (they set permissions, ranks, status, can create/modify sub-forums and assign groups to view/add/edit stuff in those). Us admins still have access to them all, but they don't show up on the main page. So unless we actually go to the forum directly we don't have eyes on them. It is more of a "if someone complains, we can check it out" policy.

Llama mentioned this at the roadmap of the recent Dev Blog located here: Dev Blog 89

The framework has guilds included in it, but the guilds (in game) are not connected to forum guilds (the ones you see here).

The goal is that you will be able to create a guild here, and it creates it in game, and vice versa, making them interchangeable. The forums will be used as meeting places, chat discussions, and so forth.

That's cool, i really like the idea of the guilds here being synced with the game. I'm curious to know more logistics about the guilds that might be established later on. For example:

Would there be a level requirement to make/join a guild?

Would it require in game currency to fund?

Would there be a limit to players per guild?

Would there be some sort of guild ranking (based on experience gained by members or something)?

Would there be some sort of guild perks (like using some kind of currency to get minor buffs that apply to all guild members EX: +attack, +def, etc)

We haven't really gone into that much detail with it. I mean there would have to be some sort of cost. And some way to make it more fun or else it just becomes a glorified friends list. If you have any suggestions as to what you would like, post em and I can respond or make a decision in some way.

If there is going to be something like a guild treasury, then I think it might be cool to be able to view its inventory here on the forums without having to log into the game. I am not sure if this can be implemented but it's an interesting idea.  

In some of my favorite guild based games the guild has a level system where the xp members of the guild gain also goes to the guild. i really like the idea of guild perks, this encourages competition between guilds and gives players another thing to spend time grinding for, people want more perks so they want to join a better guild. the problem here is why wouldn't everyone just join one big guild and have all the perks, the solution is a player cap per guild. player caps would encourage guilds to implement systems involving activity or level (you can only join if you're a certain level, or you will be removed after a certain period of inactivity a day a week etc) the player cap could increase with guild level, or it could be fixed at a reasonable number like 100

I can imagine 2 main systems for perks

1. When the guild levels up they get a perk point they can use to invest in a number of perks (attack, defense, speed, health, extra xp, extra gold, etc)
  2. Perks are gained with a certain amount of collective contribution (everyone in the guild can contribute to the thing they want, once the contribution level is met it is unlocked.) contribution could be gold, or players could get 1 daily contribution point, encouraging guild members to organize what to invest in

just a rough idea right now it would need balancing and more thought

@Izzy a guild treasury would be cool to store money, items, etc. it would be a good way to easily exchange resources among guild members (low level players could gain access to better armor to help them level faster)

I plan on converting the bank stuff over to guilds. It is pretty much the same thing except that it requires permissions and a log to let people track stuff going in/out (to allow them to do their own forensics when something goes missing and not bug me).

And yes, there is a cap for guilds. At first I'm thinking though to make the cap lower to like 40-50 to try to promote increasing the number of guilds (instead of all few hundred players picking one of like 2 or 3 guilds). It really is just a number I fill in so it can be increased later with an update.

I probably wouldn't do anything with auto culling inactive members, but I have no problem with making that information available to leaders and let them do their own culling.

Guild level, there has to be something in place to compare you to everyone else. I'm just not sure how it can be done. I wasn't a fan of the way FO did it (or really being able to withdraw your money later just made the guild leveling a bank). I'm all for making it something like a gold sink though (never enough of those). I personally don't care for like a periodic guild tax to keep the guild open (has been suggested before), but I can do it if that is what people want and it does make sense.

Guild passives, in some ways I don't care for them, but I can see their benefit. I don't really like anything that increases a luck skill (drops, gold, etc). I think that starts making things unfair for those without that advantage. And I personally don't care to be forced into a group/friends/guild just to advance or get ahead. I typically want to just be left alone.

Guild areas, I like these, but there isn't anything in the framework to support it yet. So while I might add some sort of housing or guild house later on, it won't be right away.

I think putting gold into a guild is a great gold sink and participation basis, it's one of the best gold sinks in the game in my honest opinion because you can infinitely scale up the guild levels on a curve. On the other hand.... unless you're more than likely near "end-game" par say, you most likely won't be actively putting in gold to the guild. Still though, it's a counter-inflation method of sorts. Especially if the gold you put into the guild, is gone for good, and cannot be returned. 

One easy thing to think about might be daily/weekly guild quests that award gold or small items (small crafting materials, or the sort) upon completion for all members. Simple, not game breaking, but makes something to do for being in a guild (potentially helping new, low level members as well).

At the same time, you could also be on your own and get the materials/gold yourself.