VincentShift

Ever thought of kickstarter/crowdfunding?

Hi, original FO player here for 3+ years (ran the guild Iridescence, was in FOers prior) and was wondering about ways to support this game in FO's death. Has the dev team/fans ever thought of starting a crowdfunding campaign to raise awareness/funds? I know thats not always the greatest choice as it's an entirely different art form to create a successful campaign, but it may be a good route if you have any good ideas for initiatives for backers.

Just a suggestion, can't wait for the success of this game.

Yeah, what Terra said. Once the game has enough content, Llama will probably try to get it on Steam and advertise it on crowdfunding websites. It would be easier to do that once the playerbase has had a chance to get a nice foothold. 

So we talked about kickstarter a while ago and I wanted to do it to bring in money. But one comment came up which basically said that we should probably only do it if when funded we could put a lot more time towards development. And while I'm not against that, it would have to be funded for quite a lot. Not trying to be greedy either, but more that I live in San Diego and it is pretty damn expensive. I'm being a realist. I can't afford to quit my job to work on this full time until it brings in quite a lot more money. And I would feel bad if it made some money, but not enough to cover wages (not just for myself) and essentially nothing extra happens because I can't afford to work any more time.