Sign in to follow this  
Weapon

Donations to the game

that means when the game is in session you will receive your donations back as a premium in-game balance (pixels). at a rate of 50% more than the average player would be receiving from donating after the game is already in session.

Donations before beta: 150% premium rate (50% more pixels)

Donations after beta:    100% premium rate (regular percentage)

Correct me if I'm wrong, :ph34r:

^ (to randomly expand) Its to show appreciation/entice people to donate/(purchase pixels) before there is a game available to play, the funding goes to further development of  WoT and surely does speed up the process as iamallama can purchase various things to simplify his job instead of manually having to do everything that someone out there has already done. So right now is a really prime time to donate man.

Edited by jjthejj

7 hours ago, jjthejj said:

^ (to randomly expand) Its to show appreciation/entice people to donate/(purchase pixels) before there is a game available to play, the funding goes to further development of  WoT and surely does speed up the process as iamallama can purchase various things to simplify his job instead of manually having to do everything that someone out there has already done. So right now is a really prime time to donate man.

The donations are actually primarily for paying the upkeep for the server, iamallama already has producing softwares and computer.

Yea to all this. It's 150% premium pixels, fresh off the truck. Not only are these pixels better than your average pixels, we can actually accurately quantify that they are +50% better.

Also, you get the title of supporter to show off and maybe some other stuff (I don't know what yet, so don't think I can tell you). It will probably be an early item or something like that, but could be anything else really.

16 minutes ago, iamallama said:

Yea to all this. It's 150% premium pixels, fresh off the truck. Not only are these pixels better than your average pixels, we can actually accurately quantify that they are +50% better.

ohhh, so I would get 30 pixels instead of 20 :D 

12 hours ago, KingAruthur said:

The donations are actually primarily for paying the upkeep for the server, iamallama already has producing softwares and computer.

There are specific sections you can donate to I believe, depending on what you want it to be spent on. And iamallama has purchased new things since hes started this project, specifically for this game, I've literally read his posts saying he has. He has "producing softwares and computer" yes, but you'd be surprised how much extra is available out there if you wanna put some money into it...

Appreciate the feedback guys, thank you, but since we are talking about beta, i have a question towards that and alpha, i had posted it on a post asking another post, but i dont think anyone who could answer saw it but here is the question if someone could verify(:

Quick question. So i know how gamer in the early days had an alpha for the game before it was complete, is that what the beta will also be, im noticing a lot about the game can have stuff worked on after beta so is there a 3rd form of the game? I thought Fantasy Online was in beta form when it was shut down

Because Lama said something wasn't really needed for beta release and that it could be added.  so can someone help? thank you

14 hours ago, jjthejj said:

There are specific sections you can donate to I believe, depending on what you want it to be spent on. 

Nope there is a place to select the option but there is only one option to choose which is "monthly development costs".

9 hours ago, KingAruthur said:

Nope there is a place to select the option but there is only one option to choose which is "monthly development costs".

Either way he has purchased extra things using the fund, im 90% sure ive seen posts on it

Edited by jjthejj

On 10/16/2017 at 12:12 AM, jjthejj said:

the funding goes to further development of  WoT and surely does speed up the process as iamallama can purchase various things to simplify his job instead of manually having to do everything that someone out there has already done. So right now is a really prime time to donate man.

True true, better to donate early considering the llama could use the money during development.. but still, that 50% tho hehe

On 10/17/2017 at 2:01 AM, Weapon said:

im noticing a lot about the game can have stuff worked on after beta so is there a 3rd form of the game? I thought Fantasy Online was in beta form when it was shut down

Because Lama said something wasn't really needed for beta release and that it could be added.  so can someone help? thank you

I doubt the game is near close to 'complete' so saying it needs stuff really isn't a valid statement at this point,

And most games start with an alpha (mainly for testing). next, follows the beta for mass player testing (cherry on the top), and finally the release.. which will still consist of updates here and there.

Annd I believe you misread what iamallama said, he was saying how instances were a lot of work and could be pushed aside for now during the beta release, therefore giving him more time to work on the more important stuff ("level stuff")

Edited by Mula
Hope this helped !!

12 hours ago, Mula said:

True true, better to donate early considering the llama could use the money during development.. but still, that 50% tho hehe

I doubt the game is near close to 'complete' so saying it needs stuff really isn't a valid statement at this point,

And most games start with an alpha (mainly for testing). next, follows the beta for mass player testing (cherry on the top), and finally the release.. which will still consist of updates here and there.

Annd I believe you misread what iamallama said, he was saying how instances were a lot of work and could be pushed aside for now during the beta release, therefore giving him more time to work on the more important stuff ("level stuff")

Haven't we been through the alpha and now the beta is whats coming next? i thought fo was in beta for most of the part when we played it didn't have many problems at all either, but what you're saying is during the beta release he isn't gonna worry about it, but why we are playing the beta he will be working on it for the actual release?

In a sense yeah, the beta release comes before the official game release. 

I believe he's just trying to speed up the process so we can start playing the beta

I have got question about donating too.... I have donated about week ago and didn't get Supporter title or anything yet... does it take longer or they're not valid anymore? Thanks for answers

$5 minimum, if you didn't meet this, no supporter title

looking at your profile, it says $0.00 donated, maybe its in the works or something went wrong, probably will have to pm @iamallama about this

Edited by Terrazer

12 minutes ago, Terrazer said:

$5 minimum, if you didn't meet this, no supporter title

looking at your profile, it says $0.00 donated, maybe its in the works or something went wrong, probably will have to pm @iamallama about this

Yeah I donated exactly $5 :) Okay thanks, I will try to pm him