Sign in to follow this  
Kainui

How did you find out about Waves of Time?

Did you find out about Waves of Time because you were a past FO player suffering nostalgia and wound up here, or did you find out about this game some other way? I'm just curious since it seems like everyone here was an FO player at one point, so I'd really be interested to see someone who wasn't.

14 hours ago, Kainui said:

Did you find out about Waves of Time because you were a past FO player suffering nostalgia and wound up here, or did you find out about this game some other way? I'm just curious since it seems like everyone here was an FO player at one point, so I'd really be interested to see someone who wasn't.

I really found this website because I was looking for a game that was similar to FO, after a week of searching I wounded up here WoT.  I dedicated time into WoT because I wanted to be a help to the community.  Now I end up here typing to this question.

I literally bored myself from hanging out at the market in FO, went back online to try getting into it when I came across that bold red text saying it was shutting down:/ 

Then I wish I got into it more but then again maybe it was better this way...

Anyways, after a couple months I needed something like it again. kept updating myself with kong and the main website hoping it would jump back up, but nope.  Then I tried looking up fantasy online private servers haha (there are no such thing).  but googling that brought me here:) 

The End.

i was on the forum "Fantasy Online Legacy" after the close up, i think a couple months later Iamallama appear with the idea of Llama Quest and everyone start to move to that website, i think it was a blog at first but much later it ended becoming this website, it has been a long time since we are around here, i have to admit that somedays i fell like this is a big joke, that the game will never come out and is just a trick to take our money, but slowly it is becoming a game so i have oposite feelings about all the development

anyway, that was a good question and i am interesting too in see how people ends finding this website

I am not a FO player and honestly, I don't even remember how I ended here, the only hint I have is the date when I joined the forums January 29, 2017.

Edit: I am starting to remember, I was looking for Indie MMORPG and someone suggested this right but I don't remember which site.

Edited by Mechant

We kind of have a mixed crowd these days. 

Most of the older members of the site are from the endings of a beloved pixel game, Fantasy Online. Either by ear or by searching, many of us came here from FO Legacy, which was a community created site for Fantasy Online memories. 

I've seen some new faces around though (Welcome to all those that are new, sorry I can't get around to you all). 

Since it's a alpha/beta-environment game, I assume many of us probably heard it from someone else or traced through old sites trying to find Fantasy Online, and ended up here.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:58 PM, Booger said:

I heard about this game from Muggy and Ari. Hi Shish, how are you doing these days?

Very good, getting through the busy season at work, come on December! Stalking the forums randomly, usually early in the month to read up on what Llama's doing. How's you doing? :D  :boing:

I started playing FO in about 2010 or so, played the crap outa that game, never spent any money on it but even still managed to grab an SSC item. On the comments on Kongregate people mentioned FOLagacy which then migrated to the LlamaQuest forums. So I've been around since I was a 12 year old kid until now at 19 hahaha.

I was an FO player when I was a kid and I enjoyed it heaps, but then one day for whatever reason (probably the computer died) I just stopped playing. Soon enough I remembered that I used to play this REALLY COOL free non download game so I went searching around for the name that I’d half forgotten to sadly realise it’s shut down :( so I went on YouTube to look up videos of FO and still get kicked in the nostalgia balls and came across a few comments on the videos mentioning Waves of Time so I had to check it out

I was an FO player for a long time, and when it closed down I figured someone on legacy would try and recreate it at some point. I saw llama's post about llama quest and have been following progress ever since :D

I played FO until I died. 923 million gold... Didn't reach my goal of a billionaire, but was lvl 120 for months. When this game launches officially, can I have my Alpha Halo back? Lmao

Guild: Konoha. Best group in any game, ever.

How'd I get here? FO Legacy board. 

I played FO probably back in 2012, woke up one day and was like I want to play this game again. So I went to congregate and tried finding it in my play history and after being unable to find it tried scouring the internet using the tags rpg and every version of 8 bit to 64 bit I could think of. Needless to say after hours of searching I found the forum on congregate telling the of the untimely demise of FO. Can't wait for this to bring back the nostalgic feeling I've been craving.