jaeg6

How is "hate" going to work?

I find myself making the occasional trip over to this project just to see how things are going. And so far... I'm excited. 

I swung around today because I thought I actually had a pretty solid question:

As the title states, I was wondering how creating "hate"* towards a specific character will work? 

I'm asking assuming there will be multiplayer combat, plus the whole pet thing as well.

What sort of activity is going to produce "hate" if any? Would it just be dps or will we see "hate" produced by something else like healing for example?

Will there be provoking skills/perks/attributes?

Maybe I'm over complicating things, haha. I just really enjoy combat mechanics. Thanks for the read!

*Can also be referred to as "aggro"

15 minutes ago, Terrazer said:

there definitely should be taunting skills for raids and group fighting, so the tank can get the aggro back

Wow thats a great idea, a taunting skill would be great, especially if it had to displace another skill to bring it into battle, would give it some weight and maybe open up new a few new paths/strategy to how people decide to do things.

13 hours ago, jaeg6 said:

I find myself making the occasional trip over to this project just to see how things are going. And so far... I'm excited. 

I swung around today because I thought I actually had a pretty solid question:

As the title states, I was wondering how creating "hate"* towards a specific character will work? 

I'm asking assuming there will be multiplayer combat, plus the whole pet thing as well.

What sort of activity is going to produce "hate" if any? Would it just be dps or will we see "hate" produced by something else like healing for example?

Will there be provoking skills/perks/attributes?

Maybe I'm over complicating things, haha. I just really enjoy combat mechanics. Thanks for the read!

*Can also be referred to as "aggro"

Well keep in mind that this game isn't even beta yet, thats why there are testers.  Great idea for sure but I'm guessing this will come after beta because there is already a roadmap made my Iamallama.  Also this would require a lot of testing.

Edited by KingAruthur

9 hours ago, fredonia said:

For informational purposes this is a good write-up for how hate/aggro mechanics function in EQ: http://www.lethalitygaming.com/threads/hate-aggro-threat-how-it-all-works.1952/

Has a lot of investigation on different factors for aggro and managing aggro within a party.

Wow, this is great. I appreciate it! :D

7 hours ago, KingAruthur said:

Also this would require a lot of testing.

Yeah haha, true that. Thanks for the feedback!