iamallama

Devblog 89: Bank

i really liked the player market in FO... i see at the bottom of the roadmap it is gray but not slashed... is this thing currently being developed or is it not that pressing of a matter for now. (sorry if someone asked this before, i havent been on here in a while)

@botastiac The last devblog covered that. Currently it is on the list so in the plan to be made, but isn't a priority because there is already player to player trading and a trade chat channel. Eventually I'll add it in, but for now I have other things I would rather work on. And this isn't a complete list for the game. More is planned, but this is enough to move into a more open alpha/beta stage.

Do you think on the login screen somewhere it might be good to show the premium currency of the account, with the option to buy more from the login screen, without logging into the game to do so? 

1 hour ago, Archangel said:

Do you think on the login screen somewhere it might be good to show the premium currency of the account, with the option to buy more from the login screen, without logging into the game to do so? 

Yea, I haven't done much work on the whole Pixel-shop side of stuff. The in game store is still just framework stock because I have to rewrite it all and I have yet to get to it. At that time I'll make Pixels more prominent throughout the game. Not to mention that for some odd reason pixels are per character in the framework instead of per account. Odd choice.

That bug sounds super annoying!  No idea how the game is implemented thus far, but could it be an issue with the client handling network issues to the server? Although I'd assume that's dealt with gracefully, and doesn't make sense with monsters ignoring the character...

Don't get grumpy! Just drink hot cocoa while it pushes ;) Continually awesome work! We're cheering for you :D

I'm going to squash it this weekend as I imagine it will take a little time. I think it is deep in the networking and something is preventing the message going from client to server. But that means I need to like I said above, log out a message like a hundred times to see how far it is getting through the code and where it is stopping.

• Pets: Modified so that they stop getting experience when they reach the same level as the owner and can't be summoned if they are a higher level than you.

rip my dreams of becoming a pokeymans master 

You can still get and collect them. This was just to prevent power leveling by sharing a high level pet to a low level player and letting the pet do all the work.

Also, I just noticed you can see some of the lighting changes in the bank gif. I have it set right now to like a 5 minute full cycle so it goes quick. But I'll adjust it to be less of a disco later on.

I kind of ask this every time one of these pops up, so let's continue with the tradition. 

Other than the annoying bug, what's on deck for features being developed? To be honest it seems like December is a wind-down time, and with everything going on, it might be nice to take a break and focus on small things.

There is nothing new content wise as of right now as I've been focusing on the new mechanics. I'm going to be fixing that bug this weekend and after that trying to add some new stuff. No guarantees about how bad or balanced it will be. Or maybe I should guarantee that it will be bad as I'm just doing it quick and dirty.

http://folegacy.boards.net/thread/128/week-1-start

Come this January 5th (somewhere around there) it will be 4 years of development. It will all be worth it in the end, to bring online gaming to a better place. I feel like the mmorpg genre has been stale for quite some time, but that's just my opinion. Too many mistakes have been made: poor business models, watered down experiences, buggy servers, uninteresting dialogue/storylines, generic this/that, pay-to-win nonsense, toxic communities, companies that ignore their players, and the list could go on.. unfortunately.

Edited by Seph

Isn't it crazy though, some of us have been lingering for years. We're all a tight nit little group at this point.

4 years for a game that will meet the exact niche that we want from a game, with a open community and a developer that talks back to the community openly, is worth the wait. Even if it takes awhile to do, I'd rather enjoy my time among a smaller group of people than an extreme company with so much overhead. 

Each update is progressively getting there (seems to be said a lot), but if you look at the past couple of months, things are starting to really piece together. 

Looking forward to helping out in any way I can as well.