Sign in to follow this  
StarFarmerHere

Pet breeding?

If there is going to be pets in this game there must be lots or at least a variety of good looking ones you can get from quests. If this is the case will you be able to combine multiple pets to get new and improved abilities or looks?

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before

This won’t be too much like Pokémon, as that’s not the core of this game, so we’ll have a more basic concept of pets. You’ll be able to have them fight alongside you, level up and grow stronger. They will have their own abilities I believe. You can buy them from NPC’s at first and sell/trade them to other players. It’s possible in the future they could have more depth, but for now this is a great start getting them in this early.

To answer the back end of your question in a more indirect way, there has been some discussion about pets being added to the premium store for cosmetic purposes only.

For example, you may be able to get a "regular" skinned version of a pet in game, and a "gold", "dark", and so forth skinned version of the same pet from the store. Both pets would have the same stats, growth rates, abilities, and so forth. One just looks different (presumably "cooler") than the other, to show off your support to the game.

An original focus of the game's identity was to stray away from design aspects which inadvertently placed certain features to be inaccessible to players that were core to the games function. That being said, it's possible that in the future that certain pets will fashion new skins to collect in game. The way this is done however must be in a non-restrictive way. So you can presume that even though there might be different skinned versions, they will always award players equal advantages. 

As for combining pets, while it is certainly feasible to speculate on it, the reality is that such an implementation would not come easy. Balance and core game play would have to come first before that, which is why it has not been discussed yet. Combining pets and powers could potentially add some balance problems, which is why having the base game completed first is the gateway to allowing other options like combining pets to be thought of. 

So for now, the best expectation would be to maybe have some skinned versions of pets being in the premium store for the near future. This is still being discussed though and is in no way finalized yet. 

Good questions though. 

Edited by Archangel

I can see it now, all the different pet skins. The game could make so much money off of cosmetics alone. That or we could just have different pets and some be premium only but not have a stat advantage, just be more visually appealing and stuff.

Star Guardian Soraka makes me question my life without Star Guardian Soraka.

6a61814c9f0afe21.jpg

latest?cb=20170615225302

320?cb=20170615225243

Edited by Seph