Sign in to follow this  
Weapon

Alpha, beta or what?

Alphbra. 

Game will start to pick up pace here shortly. It's not fully released, but on supporter weekends, anyone can play (typically, though it is for supporters). 

It's technically in Alpha (separate users are allowed/have access to it off of supporter weekends). 

Beta (as I've answered a few times now in other threads) is loosely expected to happen sometime in 2018, however it is by no means solidified in any manner.

Game is made by a solo-developer in his spare time, with a small team of people. It's been in development for years now. Things will pickup faster once the framework is done, which I don't think a lot of people really understand. . . Ah well.

Anyways, Alpha for now... with some occasional "betaish" weekends where people can login and play around with it... hence...

Alphbra!

yes, im not even developer or programmer myself, but i got it after some time that this so called framework are the bones and you need them badly and they take time, once they are in place, all content can be added easily, so please keep being patient everyone, the man's doing his best, ive seen so much requests to him on the discord, i mean, let him live a bit too you know, im not sure id keep cool like he does if i was behind something like this tbh, just some rant passing by on the whole framework business, no offense, peace

21 hours ago, Archangel said:

Alphbra. 

Game will start to pick up pace here shortly. It's not fully released, but on supporter weekends, anyone can play (typically, though it is for supporters). 

It's technically in Alpha (separate users are allowed/have access to it off of supporter weekends). 

Beta (as I've answered a few times now in other threads) is loosely expected to happen sometime in 2018, however it is by no means solidified in any manner.

Game is made by a solo-developer in his spare time, with a small team of people. It's been in development for years now. Things will pickup faster once the framework is done, which I don't think a lot of people really understand. . . Ah well.

Anyways, Alpha for now... with some occasional "betaish" weekends where people can login and play around with it... hence...

Alphbra!

Oh i see so once the game is out and you can play whenever thats when it is in beta correct? like once the server is able to hold multiple people. alpha is getting the framework and mostly just the creators who can play on the maps? honestly I don't think games ever fully complete its just alpha or beta, alpha like we said is getting the game put together, beta is when the framework is done but new things are added without crashes.

That's pretty much it. To me, alpha is when new features are added and fleshed out. At this point the servers might not be up much, resets pretty much guaranteed and nothing is really set. Beta is when things are stable and most features are done, but still tweaked. This is when most new content is added, at least up to a point where there is enough to do for a little while. Servers should be online for testers and while closed, account resets should be expected, though less often. Eventually you go open beta which is just before final release. This is now about stressing the servers. They are expected to be up most times and anyone can play. Accounts are not reset unless something game breaking is found, and even then it should just be a rollback. After that you go gold and release.