So the time has come I think to formally announce a break.  We’ve all got stuff going on in our lives with work, family, and summertime fun :) 

this has been discussed in the staff room and enough time has passed with no objections so I thought we would let you guys know what’s going on.   We are all still here just some are more available at times than others.  If you haven’t found it yet you can join us in discord https://discord.gg/ZBZw8V

On 7/25/2018 at 3:17 PM, Aridosa said:

So the time has come I think to formally announce a break.  We’ve all got stuff going on in our lives with work, family, and summertime fun :) 

this has been discussed in the staff room and enough time has passed with no objections so I thought we would let you guys know what’s going on.   We are all still here just some are more available at times than others.  If you haven’t found it yet you can join us in discord https://discord.gg/ZBZw8V

The link expires, create a new invitation aridosa :(

?? since when have you all been working for like the 6 months? how long of a break do you all need? just close this forum down and end the saga that never started.

On 7/28/2018 at 4:02 AM, Weapon said:

?? since when have you all been working for like the 6 months? how long of a break do you all need? just close this forum down and end the saga that never started.

Exactly

Edited by TheGreatChapster

If we do believe it won’t come to be then yes we will close the forum.  When the break is over we will send everyone an email telling you and post a new update as well. All I can ask is for patience.  

It's very sad to hear that the situation has come this far.

In case the game does get cancelled, are there any plans to either release the sourcecode, or a 'final' build that lets you play on Localhost (on your own computer, singleplayer)?

I'd like to say a few things to the people who may be complaining or are getting frustrated. As someone who has been around (although admittedly not very active) since FO went down and a good amount of time before that, I've been waiting a long time for another FO. Lots of people have. It's natural to get impatient, especially when there's a perceived lack of communication. We've waited for years and it seems (emphasis on seems) like there is barely anything being done. 

But here's the thing. Llama, Ari, Lighterthief, and the rest of the people working on this game don't owe anything to any of us. Zero. The things that have already been done have cost them a lot of time and effort. Anyone whose paid money in support of this game has done so willingly and under the knowledge that the developers are not paid employees. They're voluntarily using their talents to produce something for a community they love because all of us want a replacement for that which was lost. 

That's why it makes me angry to see all the threads and comments complaining about the game. We're not entitled to this. We're sitting here essentially doing nothing while someone makes a unique high quality mmorpg for us. We're not entitled to anything. We didn't earn anything.

Whatever happens in the future happens. We've seen this game come along way from an idea to a working alpha. That's more than a lot of game devs can boast. Playing FO and looking forward to Waves of Time has brought me a lot of joy over the years as I interact and watch this community both struggle and thrive. That's all I have to say about that. 

Oh, and Knight Templar is da best

This project was about making something we all wanted to enjoy together, to bring back similar memories that a lot of us had before but with something even greater. It's unfortunate to see it come this far and for it to pause or stop. Sure we can all play other games, but do any of them compare to this or what this would have become? No, probably not, although I wish I were wrong and you are free to correct me of course. You can find cheap copies, things that will kill time and maybe even something you'll enjoy. You won't find a Waves Of Time because this game is not just a type of art style, a looter, or a place to make friends. It is all those things and more when you have a team and community that actually care about what they're doing and want to make it the best experience they possibly can.

Mmorpg's are not really in the best place, haven't been for a long time, gaming as a whole. Money has become the main priority and as you know greed will consume and destroy what we care about. Waves of Time was going to be separate from all that, that's why at the very least it deserves to be finished, if not for yourselves then for everyone else who believes in this and are tired of seeing all these games that never lived up to their potential.

Ask yourself what motivated you to make this in the first place, how you feel about it now, and what it will take to see it through. You've put so much into this and you've come so far, if you stop now you'll only regret it and always wonder what could have been. I mean this all with sincerity.

Ari come back to visit sometime, I miss ya.

To be honest it's understandable, have fun, enjoy yourselves!

No matter the outcome, it's been an interesting experience watching it turn into something from absolutely nothing. 

We do what we do best, we wait and see. :)

Edited by Archangel